Thursday, December 6, 2007

Blood, Sweat...and Ink?

So, this blog's not even been up that long and already I've missed a week. At least I have a good excuse? School obviously thinks my life is tasty, because it's been eating it like crazy. BUT! I have goodies for you now! I'll let you see one of the things that I've been working on that was due two days ago.

Meet my type Specimen book. The concept: If you could only use 6 typefaces for the rest of your career, which 6 would you choose? We chose, and then took those 6 typefaces and made a specimen book for them. We wrote the content, designed the books, drew the illustrations, got them printed, and hand bound them, even wrapping the covers ourselves, if we had hard-bound covers (Yay for scrapbooking paper!) The photos don't do it justice, but they can give you an idea.







So that's it. Front to back. It looks so much better in person, but it's there! And It's done! And it cost me way too much money and stress.

It's pretty.


Aaannnd, as a bonus for not yelling at me for having nothing up last week (all 3 of you...ooh, proportional oldstyle lettering....) Have another watercolor Self portrait.




I look like one of the heads from Easter Island, which makes me laugh, at least.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Myriam, I didn't know you had a blog! I love seeing your work; you are very talented. I will check back in often!

Grace (Matt's sis-in-law)