Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scared Yet?

Late night shifts are sure interesting. Especially when you spend the time listening to Broadway tunes. They also make you go "Hmm, I think it's time to update my blog again". Interesting, no? Anyway, I'm getting distracted, so on with the show!


My current Illustration class is all about methods and media, and so to help us do that, and just for ease, we're spending the class doing mainly self portraits. It gets pretty boring doing the same face all the time, so we mix it up. One of the recent projects was to do an off-the-wall expression in pastel. I rather like the results. The sketch is pretty awesome, too.


I, myself, am rather fond of chalk pastels (Oil pastels can walk off the face of the earth in my opinion.) There's just something fun about how messy they are. You can really dig in and get your hands dirty, and that, I think gives it personality. It's like fingerpainting with dry media.

No comments: