Saturday, January 19, 2008

Centaurs...Lots of Centaurs

Today in the wonderful world of my sketchblog, I bring you thumbnail sketches. And a lot of them.

My current assignment in my new Illustration class is to do about 200 or so of these before picking the best and making larger, more detailed sketches of those. We're to use only markers, and no fine tips. The topic we were all given are the centaurs of greek legend.

While I do make thumbnails now and then, especially for my class assignments, I find myself tending to not use them too often in my free work (I should change that. At least for compositional reasons). This many thumbnails for one thing is quite unusual for me, though, I find I tend to run out of ideas pretty quickly. Good thing I have most of a week?

So without further ado....



No comments: