Sunday, February 3, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different

Well, maybe not completely different, it's still art.

It's been a few posts since I've put something up that wasn't done for class. I've been working on a good amount of sketches and drawings on my own, most character design. One of my friends is working on a story for a creative writing class she's in, and she plans to try to get it published once she finishes it. I've been involved in the making of the story, as she's used me as a sounding board for the initial world and story building (Which was a blast, I must say. World building is a lot of fun.) So, because of this, I've been doing a lot of the characters of that book. Maybe later I'll show the process of trying to get one of the characters looking right, but for now, what I have is a sketched and colored of one of the main/supporting characters of the book.


I was trying something new with the coloring/painting in photoshop on this one (Found in a tutorial made by Etoli on Deviantart). Making use of both the flow and opacity option on the brush tool instead of just one or the other. I find it gives me a much smoother and easier to work with brush. It also made the coloring go much faster for me than previous methods I've used. It was a nice discovery, to say the least. For those that are curious, the settings I had my brush at for most of that painting are between 60-75% opacity and between 5 and 15% flow.

No comments: